DE PLURIBUS

De pluribus - hmm, aş putea jura că în latineşte înseamnă "despre diverse chestii" ...

-----------------------------------------------

De pluribus - errr - I think this means " 'bout stuff " in Latin ...

duminică, 26 septembrie 2010

Mountain Bikes

It was a nice Saturday (except for the white clouds of mist trailing on the mountains' slopes) . It was a nice trekking path, Azuga - Gîrbova - Predeal, to be completed on foot in about three hours (except for the muddy part, since it rained all previous week, and the some steep slopes).

So all's well. But ...

It was a mountain bike race yesterday. Therefore, I was walking the path calmly, when suddenly four guys on bikes rushed past me. The fog was dense, as you can see, so they scared the crap out of me -- note that the area is walked freely by bears.

Instead of bears, I was forced to check every minute or so whether some two-wheeled centaur was behind me, ready to throw me out of the narrow path. Well, they usually called for room (the well-known cry "Pîrtieeee!", used mostly in winter sports, but still effective here).

The race was this one: www.mtb-pro.ro .

45 km to go (only 20 for the amateurs), that's something to reckon with! They finished it in about three and a half hours -- that's what the officials claimed when the bikers crossed the finish line.

I captured on photos some of the racers. Click the picture below to look the whole album:

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Your choice: